Holy moly schmoley. I have been one busy lady.
To recap, on Friday, the first episode of "Blood, Sweat and Beers" on Ustream was lost to the sands of bandwidth, because I did not hit the "Start Record" button before I began broadcasting. D'oh!
I did, however, get e-mailed the results of the live polls that I posted:
Five minutes into broadcast, I asked:
Poll Question: Do you like white beer?
1. Yes. - Total Votes: 0 Percentage: 0%
2. Never tried it. - Total Votes: 1 Percentage: 100%
3. Take off your shirt. - Total Votes: 0 Percentage: 0%
4. I only drink wine. Beer is for sissies. - Total Votes: 0 Percentage: 0%
Ten minutes into broadcast, I asked:
Poll Question: Should I chug my beer?
1. Yes. - Total Votes: 1 Percentage: 50%
2. No. - Total Votes: 0 Percentage: 0%
3. Drink from the bottle and get the sediments. - Total Votes: 0 Percentage: 0%
4. Take off your top. - Total Votes: 1 Percentage: 50%
Fifteen minutes into broadcast, I asked:
Poll Question: Would you hire me for $100?
1. Yes, as my personal bodyguard. - Total Votes: 1 Percentage: 50%
2. No, you aren't worth that much. - Total Votes: 0 Percentage: 0%
3. Why? - Total Votes: 1 Percentage: 50%
4. Do you accept Amex? - Total Votes: 0 Percentage: 0%
As you can tell by the number of responses to my polls, I was pretty much broadcasting to two people: an adorable 17 year-old American named Tim (who wanted to hire me as his personal bodyguard), and a 36 year-old married guy whose wife is expecting. Congrats, man!!!!!
Based on my first experience, I'm really impressed with the audience building potential of Ustream and its interactivity. Ustream allows you to host both live chats and polls while broadcasting your show, which is a great way to connect with your audience.
I'm also quite enchanted by its "Social Streaming" aspect: you can also post live updates to Facebook and Twitter while broadcasting. I think that Ustream is positioning itself at the forefront of social media and social networking, and once I fully explore all the functions and master them, I think it's going to be an invaluable tool. If you have a Ustream show, please let me know in my comments section so I can check it out! If you're not on Ustream and you're a blogger, I strongly suggest you get on it! I predict that Ustream will soon become the YouTube of social networking.
Before I forget, thanks to everyone who suggested a beer for my Friday broadcast. I wound up going with the anonymous suggestion left on my blog of "Blanche de Chambly", a corked local white beer with light citrus notes. I gave it a 7/10 because I am permanently half burnt out all the time and absentmindedly left it on my counter top. I therefore had to drink it a little warm. On top of that, it was also mildly flat, being a hand-corked microbrew. But man, the cork gave a nice pop when it came off, eh Tim?
I hope that by next week I'll have a bigger audience and remember to hit record so I can share the show post-broadcast here if you are too UH-LAME to make it to MY AWESOME FRIDAY NIGHT INTERACTIVE SHOW at 7 p.m EST!
Talk to you tomorrow about Job 28, Job 29 AND Job 30 (which I completed yesterday).
Yours in social streaming,